Background of Madiba & Nature
Madiba & Nature is a foundation based in Douala and present simultaneously in Kribi, Yaoundé and Edea. It is specialized in the promotion of circular economy and nature conservation. The organization relies on its NGO recognized by the prefectoral declaration N° 282/RDA/C17/SCSA of 07/12/2016 to ensure the research and development of efficient technologies for reuse and recycling of plastic waste and especially design the modules used for environmental awareness and education in schools, high schools and universities, the media and social networks.
Its company Madiba & Nature SARL ensures the installation of intelligent waste collection systems based on the use of the ECOBINS of which it is the exclusive owner of this patent; and the recycling of waste into Ecoboats, Ecobins and industry flakes.
The foundation is managed by a staff of eleven (11) Engineers and specialist technicians assisted by 30 workers and volunteers. Three international consultants volunteers accompany the organization each year.
Madiba & Nature’s mission is to ensure the conservation of nature by relying on innovation to boost the diversification of income-generating activities for local communities through the promotion of entrepreneurship in the green economy, while accelerating environmental education to change people mindset on the used of plastic.
Objectives of Madiba & Nature
- Contribute to the establishment of an intelligent system of sustainable management and recovery of waste and its recycling into Ecoboats to support fishing and promote green entrepreneurship.
- Promote environmental education in order to raise environmental awareness in schools and universities and develop training tools and module to build capacities of young students in Cameroon;
- Promote a community base ecotourism program in coastal villages and beaches in Cameroon.
Be available to work in Cameroon and abroad and online; Be bilingual (French and English)
Effective start date: 05 February 2020
We are a not-for-profit organisation based in Douala/Kribi Our Vision is to become the fastest growing network of emerging professionals in green business in Cameroon by the end of 2020. We invest in people, we foster partnerships that hone talent and we centre our action on community development. We are focused on building a viable platform for professional learning and development in green business
We are looking for one dynamic individuals to join our team, in full time capacity, and help deliver our ambitious development plan. The ideal candidates will be younger than 35, highly motivated team leaders, have strong evidence of accomplishment in an NGO or business environment, possess outstanding digital skills, be open to learn and integrate a knowledge-sharing network, be self-starters and exude persuasive soft skills. A core part of their responsibility will be to design and deliver innovative training modules and act as mentors in our growing network of young professionals. Responsibilities will be designated as follows:
Projects & Strategic Delivery Officer
- Lead on design and management of projects
- Sustain partnerships
- Undertake grantwriting and fund raising initiatives
- Lead on strategic planning
- Deliver training modules relevant to project management and strategic communication.
- Other duties assigned.
People and Skills Officer
- Lead on training / capacity building within our network
- Be our Digital learning champion
- Set direction on pedagogy and learning & development techniques for our network
- Handle wellness and office administration tasks.
- Conceive and deliver tailored training to confer basic administrative tools and versatile digital skills.
- Other duties assigned
Expert Mastery of Microsoft Office suite, graphic design packages, video editing skills are desirable qualities.
Interested in taking on this challenge? Let us hear from you as soon as possible. Send us a cover letter and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org
By Madiba & Nature